Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Potty and Baseball

So I am really excited about this.. and YES I know that Eastie is only 17 months old and I shouldn't get TOO excited about it..but I SO AM!  Yesterday Eastie was just in a diaper and he came over to me pulling on the diaper.  I asked him he wanted me to take it off, and he signaled yes- the kid loves to be nakie! After I took it off, he ran right into the bathroom and lifted the lid.  I was like what is going on?? I sat him on the potty and he almost fell in since his tiny little bum is so small.  I said to Eastie "Dont pee on me!!!" and ran downstairs with him to get Dominic's old potty seat.  I put that on the potty, sat Easton on it and BAM! Easton peed in the potty! He sat for about 15 seconds, the whole time watching "down there" and you could tell by him sucking his tummy in and out that he was trying to make something happen.. and he did!!!! I cheered for him and he clapped his hands and I gave him a fruit snack to reinforce him going in the potty.  Guess we will be trying that again and see what happens.  Actually tonight, I sat him on the potty before his bath, and again he looked down there and was trying to make it happen..but no go.  I still gave him a big cheer for trying and than moved on to bath time.  There is no pressure for him to start this, he is enjoying it and I figure why not let him start to get familiar with it since he is interested. 

Easton sitting on the potty for the 1st time! (Mama's hand had to "censor" this pic!!!
 As for baseball, Dominic has become quite the baseball fanatic this summer.  He is playing in his 1st year of "A" ball and loving every minute of it.  I wish that I would have taken a picture of him the other day- he had his hockey helmet on (for his catchers mask) and his hockey shoulder pads on for his "catching gear." It was pretty hilarious watching him play baseball decked out in his hockey gear.  When "his" team was up to bat, he lost the hockey gear & dawned his batting glove and his rollerblade knee pad strapped to his left shin to "protect his leg like Joe Mauer."  It was pretty entertaining.. this kid is eat, sleep and breathing baseball right now and has greatly improved since the beginning of the season. Dominic had his 1st playoff game tonight, and MAN was it nerve wracking. It's amazing how the feel of the game can change when the stakes get high. Unfortunately they lost tonight, but Dom had fun and at this age, that's all I can ask!!!

Dominic decked out in catcher's gear- His favorite position!!!




Well, that's all I got tonight.. Ta Ta for now!

2 comments:

nick said...

Dom wants to take after his uncle and be a catcher!!!

nick said...

4b09